Over 50 Years Of Combined Legal Experience Helping Westchester Employees And Employers
The attorneys at Gould & Berg, LLP, provides representation in the areas of employment law, civil rights and commercial litigation for individuals and business owners in White Plains, Westchester, and surrounding counties.
Our founding partners, Jane Bilus Gould and Kim Patricia Berg, draw on over 50 years of combined experience litigating claims in state, federal and appellate courts and state and federal agencies throughout the state of New York representing clients in matters involving:
- Employment law, discrimination, harassment, hostile work environment, disciplinary actions, termination, retaliation, wage and hour disputes, severance packages, employer policies/training, employee handbooks, employment related agreements such as contracts, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements on behalf of both employees and employers.
- Civil rights and whistleblower actions, retaliatory actions motivated by speech, union activities or political affiliation, due process rights (such as for tenured civil service employees, administrators and teachers), prisoner rights and equal protection claims.
- Commercial transactions and litigation, business formation, commercial transactions, and litigation over disputes between principals of a business, real estate matters, foreclosure defense, breach of contract and business dissolution.
- Student discipline matters, advocating for students facing disciplinary procedures in a school, college or university setting.
Gould & Berg’s Three Core Principles
At Gould & Berg, LLP, we base our practice of law on the following core principles:
1. Tailored Solutions For Each Client’s Circumstance And Concerns
While we routinely litigate claims for both employees and employers, we recognize that litigation may not yield the outcome you are seeking. We will develop a well-rounded strategy and discuss solutions for your particular circumstance, including steps to minimize any loss of income or benefits.
2. Realistic, In-Depth Advice
Many clients come to us with a myriad of questions. We will always take the time to sit down with you and look at the entire picture, discuss your concerns, the applicable law and how to tailor a strategy best suited for your specific situation.
3. Short- And Long-Term, Cost-Effective Solutions
Our goal is to find the best solution for each of our clients. This includes one that is the most cost-effective taking into consideration both the short and long term impact.
Email Our Legal Team
Let Us Find The Best Solution For You
We recognize that this may be an emotionally and economically challenging time for you. Whether you are a business owner, an employee, student, a landlord or tenant, we will consider your particular circumstances and provide you with our expert opinion on the best comprehensive and well-tailored solution for your matter.
Certain claims and defenses require action in as few as 20-90 days. Do not delay.
Call 914-397-1050 now to speak with one of our experienced lawyers.